Monday, July 9, 2012

Stella Rachel Auton

Warning: There are no pictures in this post, I am on the iPad and we do not have the laptop at the moment so I have no way to upload pics, but I feel like I need to write Stellas story before she's 5 and can write it herself...I will add pics in the future.. Soooo Tuesday May 15th, my mom had been staying with me for 3 weeks now (Tyler was working in North Dakota the 5 weeks before Stella was born).. We were going for daily walks, enjoying our mother/daughter bonding time. My due date was the 25th, but my Dr. Was willing to induce me the Monday before so Tyler could drive back on that Sunday and be here for the week and go back to work in ND the following Sunday. Stella had other plans. On that Tuesday my mom and I ran some errands and came back to my house where I took the dogs out back to go to the bathroom. While walking around I thought my water broke but I wasn't 100% sure ( I've never done this before ok?!) So I go back inside and tell my mom but we decided to hop on Skype with Esther, who starts timing my contractions that are getting to be minutes apart. I still wasn't totally convinced because I had been having Braxton Hicks constantly for weeks. My mom is urging me to go to the hospital ( which was in downtown Salt Lake, about 35-45 min away) so I appease her by going to take a shower and grab my hospital bag.. We decide to head to the hospital, I'm STILL not convinced anything is happening because I had 2 other incidences of false labor and been sent home. I send Tyler a text that I'm going to the hospital but not to freak out until I'm sure..of course he freaks out haha. My mother in law met us at the hospital and I check in. They have to run multiple tests to make sure it was in fact the amniotic fluid and that I would be staying and having this baby!! 2 hours later they conclude that it was my water, Tyler begins racing across the state to make it in time.. I have contractions all night, get an epidural and pitocin started at 7:30 am..i ask them if they are sure I won't have her before Tyler got there, they assure me I most likely have all day...Tyler gets there at 10ish.. I am progressing very fast by this point. At 11 I am at a 6/7, if I have pressure I should let the nurse 11:15 I tell them I am feeling some pressure, they are shocked when I'm at a 10 and ready to go!! I don't think I've ever felt so ready and so scared for something in my whole life. The Dr comes in and I start pushing at 7:25.. They tell me she has hair and I have never wanted to see someone's hair more then hers in my life..Stella arrived Wednesday, May 16th at 11:49. 8 lbs 4oz. 21 inches long. And HAIR!!! Oh how I loved that fuzzy head.. Tyler cut the cord and put on her first diaper..My mom and Tylers mom were also in the room. It was the most amazing experience, so much more then I could have imangined or could ever describe. The next 2 days all I could do was stare at her and Tyler. And that's all I've done since, and that's why I haven't blogged:)My mom stayed with me for the 3 weeks after since Tyler had to go back go work in ND. It was a sad sadddd day when she had to leave. Stella has brought SO much laughter, smiles, and tears ( of joy) to our lives. We are obsessed. We are in LOVE.


Jessica said...

now i'm getting all teary-eyed! congratulations!!!! every baby is a miracle each and every time. :)

i'm so glad your mom was there to help for so long. i can't wait to see more pics of her! (hint, hint. hahahahaha).

Tasha said...

Hey you! I found your blog from Jessica's! I am so glad your mom could be with you! I got Levi's wedding announcement! Holy cow! I am so happy for all of you and the great things going on. We both have Stellas... pretty great gals!
Love you Eliza!